Basic Manual for Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance contains rules, classification descriptions, rates/loss costs for each classification, and state-specific exceptions for writing workers compensation insurance.
- Includes state assigned risk plans, with assigned risk rates for each classification, and state special deviations from the voluntary market rules and rating plans
- Phraseologies for the more than 600-plus workers compensation classifications—NCCI's official categorization of workers by occupation and industry
- State pages, which include rates or loss costs for each of the classifications in a state, along with applicable state special rules and classifications, and state special rating plans and programs
- Updated rates, state special rules, rating plans, and programs provided upon approval by the states
- New rate pages posted on this website within 48 hours of state approval
Basic Manual subscribers servicing residual market customers can request our Assigned Risk Supplement to the hard copy version of the Basic Manual at no additional charge. Access to the Basic Manual through this website includes the Assigned Risk Supplement. This publication contains the rules and procedures for NCCI-administered workers compensation Plans and information on administering the National Pool.