The final update to the COVID-19 Hypothetical Scenarios Tool was made on June 23, 2021. It is being made available for historical reference and informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon for any other purposes. Please see the COVID-19 Resource Center on
ncci.com for current tools and information.
COVID-19 Hypothetical Scenarios Tool
The calculations presented in this tool model the potential impact to expected losses for the associated jurisdiction and workforce under the scenario framework described in NCCI’s research briefs, “COVID-19 and Workers Compensation: Modeling Potential Impacts (PDF)," "COVID-19 and Workers Compensation: Permanent Disability (PDF),” and “COVID-19 and Workers Compensation: Severity Assumptions Update (PDF).”
COVID-19 Hypothetical Scenarios Tool Appendices (PDF).
NOTE: The model scenario may not include consideration of all potential benefit costs such as mental illness and employers liability.
Updated on June 23, 2021
- Updated the default severity assumptions
- Updated the pure premium factors to reflect filings in NCCI stats as of 4/1/2021
- Included ambulance drivers in the first responder pure premium factor
Updated on October 12, 2020
- Incorporated the potential for permanent disability into the model calculations
- Updated fatal benefits to use the same source as the permanent disability benefits
- Updated the tool to allow users to vary the severity and benefit inputs
Updated on May 22, 2020
- Added Texas-Specific Medical Severities
- Added a note above the numbered footnotes to emphasize that rows using data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics include
all workers, regardless of how work-related injury costs are funded
Posted on May 1, 2020