A New Decade
Bill Donnell, CPCU, President and CEO
Annual Issues Symposium, CEO and President Bill Donnell typically speaks to a packed room of about 900 senior workers compensation executives, regulators, and policy makers, who gather to hear the latest industry insights.
During a time when those insights are more important than ever, this year Donnell connected in a virtual format to a broader audience in response to the current environment.
Vigilance as this year’s word for the industry and highlighted the need for the system to address issues created by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic downturn. He challenged stakeholders—policy makers, regulators, insurers, and others—to be tireless and attentive in their response.
Donnell said that NCCI is focused on bringing a data-driven perspective and providing critical insights to the industry by:
- Developing and publishing economic briefings to examine the impact of the COVID-19 crisis
- Preparing and sharing modeling for COVID-19 and workers compensation in each NCCI state
- Frequently updating NCCI’s
COVID-19 Resource Center on
NCCI’s CEO said this crisis is an opportunity for the workers compensation system to continue fulfilling its commitment to industry stakeholders, including the American workforce. He reinforced his confidence in the industry by highlighting the work of frontline workers comp caregivers and advisors.
- Though workers compensation is tested more than ever, the system remains financially strong and resilient.
- Industry stakeholders are concerned about expanding presumption laws and the unknown impact on loss costs.
- We must remain focused on and committed to the mission of our system: to create and maintain safe workplaces and be there for injured workers, their families, and the employers who depend on them.