The 2019 Regulatory and Legislative Trends Report provides an overview of key legislative, regulatory, judicial, and other developments affecting the workers compensation system. This publication aligns with the legislative cycle to include the latest countrywide, regional, and individual state actions and trends as of June 30, 2019.
In this report you will learn about:
- Key legislative themes and significant legislative proposals from around the country, including:
- Workers compensation coverage for mental-only injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, for first responders
- Legalization of marijuana and reimbursement of medical marijuana in workers compensation
- Single payer health insurance systems
- Prescription drugs and the use of opioids in workers compensation
- Court cases impacting workers compensation
- New administrators
- Average approved changes in loss costs and rates
NCCI monitors these activities and provides this report to keep you informed about emerging trends and hot issues affecting workers compensation.
Contact Laura Kersey, Executive Director—Regulatory & Legislative Analysis at
firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the
Regulatory and Legislative Trends Report.
This article is provided solely as a reference tool to be used for informational purposes only. The information in this article shall not be construed or interpreted as providing legal or any other advice. Use of this article for any purpose other than as set forth herein is strictly prohibited.