This multiyear plan will modernize and transform the way NCCI delivers key information, starting with our manuals and circulars.
NCCI’s Atlas Initiative is creating a new way of navigating nearly 100 years of workers compensation information. We are transforming how we write, manage, and distribute content to provide our stakeholders answers that are current, direct, and easy to find.
This initiative benefits all NCCI stakeholders who use our resources to:
- classify a business
- review the latest rules, loss costs, or rates, and
- keep up to date on new data reporting guidelines.
We continue to make progress with our state approvals.
Basic Manual (Item B-1444)
- 36 NCCI states have approved with an 11/01/2021 effective date
- Texas has approved with a 04/01/2022 effective date
- Florida withdrew from this filing (see below in Pending State Approvals)
Residual Market Manual (Item RM-W-8047)
All 22 NCCI states have approved with an 11/01/2021 effective date.
Pending State Approvals
Florida Announcement of Item 03-FL-2022—NCCI’s Basic Manual for Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance for Florida (December 2, 2022)
This item is proposed to become effective for
- new and renewal policies with effective dates on and after 12:01 a.m. on July 1, 2023, and
- any in-force policy in effect on and after July 1, 2023.
Keep Current on NCCI's Transformation Journey
Refer to this roadmap to see which manuals have been transformed, are in progress, or are on the plan for 2023.
Completed in 2021
Residual Market Manual
Completed in 2022
Assigned Risk Supplement
Basic Manual User’s Guide
Filing Guide for Rates and Forms
Electronic Transmission User’s Guide
Plan for 2023
Data Quality Guidebook
Experience Rating Plan Manual
Experience Rating Plan Manual User’s Guide
Visit this page often for the latest information.