NCCI hosts Data Professionals Week (DPW) to recognize the importance of data management as a profession. Our event has expanded through the years to include training classes, guest speakers, special presentations, and employee recognitions.
Your company can develop a similar DPW event that can be customized to meet your needs.
To help you get started, we created a handy planning resource that you can view, print, or download. The Data Professionals Week Event Model (PDF) can help you:
- Determine Timing—Your DPW can take place anytime during the year—and the duration is up to you. NCCI's DPW is held in November.
- Set Goals—Determine what you want to accomplish so that you'll have measurable results at the end.
- Pick a Theme—Choose one that has a distinct, recurring, and unifying quality or idea.
- Choose a Committee—Involve employees in the planning stage to ensure that you represent the interests of the larger group.
- Develop a Daily Agenda—Focus on key aspects each day, and spice up the day's events with varied activities.
- Create a Kickoff—Jumpstart your event with activities that promote educational opportunities, and spotlight employee personal growth success stories.
- Conduct Educational Programs—Offer general training classes on commercial insurance (e.g., workers compensation), data management, data principles and targeted training on data standards, data analytics, data security, and data queries.
- Consider More Great Ideas—Have a kickoff breakfast, build excitement with companywide communications, and conduct fun activities.
- Use Creative Resources—Utilize the DPW logo, Microsoft® PowerPoint presentations, certificates of achievement, and more.
Reward your data professionals by offering a DPW event at your workplace and demonstrate your company's commitment to data management.