The Filing Guide for Rates and Forms (Filing Guide) can assist state filing personnel with the necessary information needed when submitting filings such as adoption of rates, rules, and forms as well as loss cost multipliers. This manual contains much of the state-specific filing requirements, particularly for filers familiar with the System for Rate and Form Filing (SERFF).
Since many of the states have mandated the use of SERFF for all filings, while accepting paper filings less often, this manual will assist them with the latest SERFF filing requirements when used in conjunction with the a state's SERFF General Instructions.
The online format allows you to:
- Download state-specific filing forms
- Download NAIC filing forms
- Search for information using hyperlinks to Department of Insurance websites
- Send email to department personnel using hyperlinks where available
- View summarized filing fees and filing modes for all states to which you subscribe in the State Reference Table
- Produce a PDF printout of a particular state's guide
- Review company action responses to filings
- Ascertain information on the use of SERFF via the NAIC hyperlink