Filing Guide for Rates and Forms (Filing Guide) can assist state filing personnel with the necessary information needed when submitting filings—such as the adoption of loss costs and rates, rules, forms and endorsements, and loss cost multipliers. This state manual contains much of the state-specific filing requirements, particularly for filers familiar with the System for Electronic Rates & Forms Filing (SERFF).
Since many of the states have mandated the use of SERFF for all filings, while accepting paper filings less often, this manual will assist them with the latest SERFF filing requirements when used in conjunction with a state’s special filing requirements for SERFF submissions.
The online format allows you to:
- Download state-specific filing forms
- Download the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) filing forms
- Search for information using hyperlinks to Department of Insurance websites
- Send email to department personnel using hyperlinks where available
- View summarized filing fees, filing methods, and filing modes in the Reference Tables for all states to which you subscribe
- Produce a PDF printout of a particular state's guide
- Review company action responses to NCCI loss cost filings, rate filings, rule filings, and policy form and endorsement filings
- Ascertain information on the use of SERFF via the NAIC hyperlink