Industry InformationProfessional Employer Organizations (PEO)
The following are situations/items that, if not completed or provided, may delay binder issuance to eligible employers:
- Appropriate supplemental PEO applications.
- Copy of PEO registration and/or license.
- Signed copy of the PEO contract for each client obtaining workers compensation and employers liability insurance.
- Proper submission of the initial or deposit premium.
Refer to NCCI’s Workers Compensation Insurance Plan State Instruction Pages for state-specific rules.
- Correct corporate officer titles, ownership percentage, class codes, and duties, even if the corporate officer is being excluded from coverage.
- Complete physical location, nature of business, class code, and payroll for the leased workers.
- Applications that are not signed by the executive officer, partners, LLC member, owner, or person authorized to legally bind coverage.
- Only states that have approved the same PEO rules can be combined on the same application.