Making A Commitment and Taking Action
Founded in 2017, the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion™ is the largest business-led initiative to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. NCCI President and CEO Bill Donnell is among more than 2,400 CEOs who’ve made a public pledge through this initiative, committing to fostering stronger inclusivity in their organizations and sharing updates on dedicated actions to encourage other leaders to do the same. To date, NCCI has provided the following articles and updates on our I&D journey:
- NCCI Dialogue and Listening Sessions (2021)
- NCCI Math Motivators Tutoring Program
- NCCI Diversity Recruiting Strategy
- NCCI Employee Resource Group—Together As One (TAO)
- NCCI Inclusive Team Practices
- NCCI Women in STEM (WINS) Program
Here are the commitment tenants of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion™. You can visit the program website,
www.ceoaction.com, to learn more.
- First, each of the signatories are focused on cultivating workplaces that support open dialogue on complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Second, we believe that there is a gap around sharing and collaborating across enterprises in order to advance this issue within the business community. Some are making strides while others aren’t, and there are valuable lessons to be shared and learned in both of those experiences. To facilitate the exchange of actions, we built a hub that enables companies to share best known actions across different areas of diversity.
- Third, each signatory has agreed to implement unconscious bias education in their respective organization, and those who have already done so are committing to mentor others so they can effectively implement this education.
- And finally, signatories will create and share strategic inclusion and diversity plans with their board of directors, or equivalent governing bodies.
Making a Difference Through Strategic Partnerships
Strong industry partnerships with organizations that align with our I&D efforts, like the National African American Insurance Association (NAAIA), is one of the most important and impactful ways we’re furthering and strengthening our I&D mission.