(Boca Raton, FL, May 9, 2014)—At NCCI’s Annual Meeting during the
Annual Issues Symposium in Orlando, FL, the membership of NCCI elected Douglas Dirks, John Roche, and Craig Johnson to the 2014 Board of Directors.
- Douglas D. Dirks is president and chief executive officer of Employers Holdings, Inc. Dirks was previously the chief executive officer of the Nevada State Industrial Insurance System, the state-run monopolistic workers compensation fund.
- John (Jack) Roche is executive vice president and president of the business insurance group for The Hanover. He joined The Hanover in September 2006 and has held various senior leadership positions, including vice president of field operations, marketing and distribution across both personal and commercial lines, as well as vice president of underwriting and product management, commercial lines.
- Craig A. Johnson is president and chief executive officer for the FCCI Insurance Group. Johnson started with FCCI in 2003 as vice president and controller. In 2005, he was promoted to senior vice president of finance and, in 2006, he assumed the position of executive vice president and chief financial officer.
“We are very pleased to announce the addition of Doug, Jack, and Craig to the NCCI Board of Directors,” said NCCI President and CEO Stephen Klingel. “Their impressive professional experience, industry knowledge, and proven business acumen will surely prove invaluable in helping to guide NCCI to continued success.”
The remaining members of the 2014 NCCI Board of Directors are:
- Elizabeth R. Haar, president and CEO, Accident Fund Holdings, Inc., Chair
- William (Rob) R. Berkley Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer, W. R. Berkley Corporation
- C. Allen Bradley, CEO, AMERISAFE, Inc.
- Laurence Hubbard, president, Montana State Fund
- Russell Huffer, former CEO and chairman of the board of Apogee Enterprises, Inc.
- Russell M. Johnston, Casualty Product Line Executive, US & Canada AIG
- Barbara A. Klein, former senior vice president and chief financial officer, CDW Corporation
- Ernest J. Mrozek, retired vice chairman and president, The ServiceMaster Co.
- George M. Reider Jr., former Connecticut insurance commissioner and NAIC president
- Tracy Ryan, executive vice president, Liberty Mutual, commercial insurance
Steve Klingel, the President and CEO of NCCI is a standing member of the Board and does not require re-election.
NCCI is the nation’s most comprehensive source of workers compensation insurance information. We gather data, analyze industry trends, and prepare objective insurance rate and loss cost recommendations. These activities—together with our research, analytical services and tools, and overall commitment to excellence—help foster a healthy workers compensation system.