May 11, 2022 (BOCA RATON, FL)—NCCI Holdings, Inc. (NCCI) held its 2022 Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL, on May 11, 2022. At the meeting, NCCI announced Lisa Corless, president and CEO, AF Group, as the newly elected NCCI Board Chair as of April 30. Corless replaces Kevin J. Leidwinger, president and chief operating officer, Commercial Insurance, CNA.
“Kevin has been an integral part of our team, and I’m grateful for his service and dedication to the Board,” said Bill Donnell, President and CEO of NCCI. “On behalf of the Board of Directors, I’m delighted to welcome Lisa Corless as our new Board Chair. Lisa’s leadership, strategic acumen, and proven reputation for innovation will drive NCCI’s relevance over the long-term.”
Corless has more than 30 years of dedicated service to the insurance industry and is equally passionate about giving back to the community. She is a member of C200, a global organization focused on promoting the advancement of women and is a champion of diversity and inclusion. Corless has been recognized for her business and philanthropic efforts, including the Woman of Influence award from the Austin Business Journal and the 2017 Women to Watch award from Business Insurance.
The newly elected members serving on NCCI’s 2022 Board of Directors are:
- Cina Welch, president and CEO, FCCI Insurance Group
- Mary Woods, SVP and chief underwriting officer, business insurance, Travelers
- Michael Dinkins, former EVP and CFO, Integer; president and CEO, Dinkins Financial
The remaining insurer members reelected to the 2022 NCCI Board of Directors are:
- Michael Bourque, The MEMIC Group
- Brandon Fick, Zurich North America
- Christopher Foy, AmTrust Financial Services
- Richard Lavey, The Hanover Insurance Group
- Kenneth Riegler, AIG
- Martin Welch, Hawaii Employers Mutual Insurance Co. (HEMIC)
The reelected independent directors are:
- Kristie Paskvan, formerly of Mesirow Financial Holdings, Inc.
- Raymond Voelker, formerly of The Progressive Corporation
The reelected former regulator director is:
- Susan Voss, former Iowa Insurance Commissioner and past NAIC president
Donnell, as President and CEO of NCCI, is a standing member of the Board and does not require reelection.
NCCI would like to express its gratitude to the following outgoing Board members:
- Kevin Leidwinger, former president and COO, Commercial Insurance, CNA
- Robert Darby, president and CEO, Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
- Barbara Klein, former senior vice president and CFO, CDW Corporation
For more information on NCCI and its just-released State of the Line Report from its Annual Insights Symposium 2022, please visit
Founded in 1923, the mission of the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) is to foster a healthy workers compensation system. In support of this mission, NCCI gathers data, analyzes industry trends, and provides objective insurance rate and loss cost recommendations. These activities—combined with a comprehensive set of tools and services—make NCCI the source you trust for workers compensation information.