May 12, 2021 (BOCA RATON, FL)—NCCI Holdings, Inc. (NCCI) held its 2021 Annual Meeting virtually on May 12, 2021. At the meeting, NCCI members elected Kevin J. Leidwinger, president and chief operating officer, commercial insurance, CNA, as new NCCI Board Chair. Leidwinger replaces Stephanie C. Bush, executive vice president, small commercial and personal lines, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., who completed her eligible term of service on the Board.
“This has been an extraordinary year for all of us, and I am deeply appreciative of Stephanie’s leadership and service to the Board,” said Bill Donnell, President and CEO of NCCI. “Her steadfast commitment to the industry and all of our stakeholders was evident at a time when they needed it most. On behalf of the Executive Team, I am pleased to welcome Kevin as our new chair. With more than 30 years of insurance experience, Kevin is a recognized industry leader and his perspective will provide great value to our Board.”
Prior to joining CNA in 2015, Kevin was global casualty manager for Chubb and was responsible for the company’s worldwide portfolio of general liability, workers compensation, excess umbrella, auto, errors and omissions, and environmental business. Prior to this role, he served in a number of senior positions, including global liability product line manager and US field operations manager.
The newly elected members serving on NCCI’s 2021 Board of Directors are:
- Christopher Foy, EVP and Head of North American Commercial P&C, AmTrust Financial Services
- Richard Lavey, EVP, President, Hanover Agency Markets, The Hanover Insurance Group
- Martin Welch, CEO, Hawaii Employers Mutual Insurance Co. (HEMIC)
- Kristie Paskvan, Former CFO and COO of Mesirow Financial Holdings, Inc.
Former Regulator Director
- Susan Voss, Former Iowa Insurance Commissioner and past NAIC President
The remaining insurer members reelected to the 2021 NCCI Board of Directors are:
- Michael Bourque, The Memic Group
- Lisa Corless, AF Group
- Robert Darby, Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
- Brandon Fick, Zurich North America
- Kenneth Riegler, AIG
The reelected independent directors are:
- Barbara Klein, formerly of CDW Corporation
- Raymond Voelker, formerly of The Progressive Corporation
Donnell, as president and CEO of NCCI, is a standing member of the Board and does not require reelection.
NCCI would like to express its gratitude to the following outgoing Board members:
- Kerry Barnett, President and CEO, SAIF Corporation
- Michael Dinkins, Retired EVP and CFO, Integer
- Linda Hall, Former Director of the Alaska Division of Insurance
For information on NCCI and its just-released State of the Line Report from its 2021 Annual Issues Symposium—Stronger Together, please visit www.ncci.com.
Founded in 1923, the mission of the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) is to foster a healthy workers compensation system. In pursuit of this mission, NCCI gathers data, analyzes industry trends, and prepares objective insurance rate and loss cost recommendations. These activities—together with research, analytical services and tools, and an overall commitment to excellence—have positioned NCCI as the trusted source for workers compensation information. To learn more about NCCI, please visit