(Orlando, FL, May 18, 2018)—The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) held its 2018 Annual Meeting at the
Annual Issues Symposium in Orlando, FL. NCCI members elected Douglas D. Dirks, President and CEO of Employers, as the new NCCI Board Chair, replacing Tracy Ryan, Chief Claims Officer, Global Risk Solutions for Liberty Mutual Insurance, who has completed her eligible term of service on the Board.
The following individuals were newly elected to serve on NCCI’s 2018 Board of Directors:
- Lisa M. Corless, President, AF Group
- Robert N. Darby, President and CEO, Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies, Workers Compensation Division
- Kevin J. Leidwinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, Commercial Lines, CNA
“I want to personally thank Tracy for her service to the Board. She provided outstanding leadership as chairperson, and her perspective as an industry leader was invaluable to the organization,” said Bill Donnell, president and CEO of NCCI. “The Executive Team and I are pleased to have Doug taking on the chair position going forward. I am confident he will lead the Board with the same commitment and values he has demonstrated as a member of the Board thus far.”
The remaining members elected to the 2018 NCCI Board of Directors are:
- Kerry Barnett, President and CEO, SAIF Corporation
- Stephanie C. Bush, Executive Vice President, Small Commercial & Personal Lines, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Michael Dinkins, retired Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Integer
- Douglas D. Dirks, President and Chief Executive Officer, EMPLOYERS—Board Chair
- Richard Gergasko, President and Chief Executive Officer, Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- Linda S. Hall, former Director, Alaska Division of Insurance
- Russell Huffer, retired Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Apogee Enterprises, Inc.
- Craig A. Johnson, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, FCCI Insurance Group
- Barbara A. Klein, retired Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, CDW Corporation
- William C. Malugen, Executive Vice President and President, National Accounts and First Party, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Bill Donnell, as president and CEO of NCCI, is a standing member of the Board and does not require reelection.
Founded in 1923, the mission of the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) is to foster a healthy workers compensation system. In pursuit of this mission, NCCI gathers data, analyzes industry trends, and prepares objective insurance rate and loss cost recommendations. These activities—together with research, analytical services and tools, and an overall commitment to excellence—have positioned NCCI as the trusted source for workers compensation information. To learn more about NCCI, please visit