Industry InformationNCCI's Underwriting Committee
The Underwriting Committee met on Wednesday, October 17, 2012. The major topics covered at this meeting included:
- Summary of National Item Filings (In Progress Items) (UC-2012-02)
NCCI has developed three national items to be filed in early 2013:
- Updates to sheet metal and scrap metal classifications
- Revisions to Part Two—Exclusion C.10. of the Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Policy and Part Two Exclusion added by the Maritime Coverage Endorsement (Exclusion 14)
- Updated references to the Federal Coal Mine Safety & Health Act in NCCI manuals, the Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Policy, and applicable endorsements
- Possible 2013 Work Plan Items (UC-2012-03)
Staff presented 17 items to be considered for the 2013 Work Plan:
- 10 items were added to the 2013 Work Plan
- 2 items will move forward as filings in 2013
- 3 items will not be included on the 2013 Work Plan
- 2 items will be monitored on an ongoing basis
- Other NCCI Committee Updates (UC-2012-04)
Staff provided an update on the initial split point results for nine states that have approved Item E-1402.
- Informational Updates (UC-2012-05)
Staff presented updates on issues such as the status of loss cost/assigned risk rate filings, the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 (TRIPRA), professional employer organizations and temporary staffing arrangements, and NCCI's item filing and dispute resolution process.
Please refer to the minutes of the meeting for any pertinent discussion on each topic. The presentation for each of the listed topics is contained in either the agenda or the minutes for the meeting.
Content Requires Authentication
October 17, 2012 Agenda (PDF)
October 17, 2012 Minutes (PDF)