Industry InformationNCCI's Underwriting Committee
The Underwriting Committee met on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. The major topics covered at this meeting included:
- 2013 Work Plan (UC-2013-04)
The agenda included consideration of 13 of the 16 items from the 2013 Work Plan:
- Anniversary Rating Date (ARD)
- Basic Manual—Rule 2—Premium Basis and Payroll Allocation
- Classifications Applicable to Optical Stores
- Classifications Applicable to Machine Shops
- Classifications Applicable to Trucking
- Clarification of Workers Compensation Premium Algorithms
- Rating Effective Date (RED) for Experience Rating Modifications
- Designated Workplaces Exclusion Endorsement
- Three-Year Fixed-Rate Policy Option
- Treatment of Volunteers
- Treatment of Executive Officers, Members of Limited Liability Companies, Partners, and Sole Proprietors
- "If Any" Policies for Contracting Risks
- Treatment of Premium for Uncooperative Audit Policyholders
- Other NCCI Committee Updates (UC-2013-05)
Staff provided an update on the Data Collection Procedures Subcommittee discussion regarding subrogation recoveries and other correction reporting requirements.
- Informational Updates (UC-2013-06)
NCCI staff provided an update regarding the possible extension of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (TRIPRA). NCCI is monitoring this matter closely, and plans to file a notification endorsement. The Committee will be updated at future meetings as necessary.
- New Business (UC-2013-07)
Staff discussed possible changes to the Defense Base Act (DBA) resulting from items in President Obama's current budget proposal.
Please refer to the minutes of the meeting for any pertinent discussion on each topic. The presentation for each of the listed topics is contained in either the agenda or the minutes for the meeting.
Content Requires Authentication
May 15, 2013 Agenda (PDF)
May 15, 2013 Minutes (PDF)