Industry InformationNCCI's Underwriting Committee
The Underwriting Committee met on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. The major topics covered at this meeting included:
- UC-2013-04: 2013 Work Plan and UC-2014-05: 2014 Work Plan
The Work Plan summarizes topics to be addressed by the Committee. At this meeting, both the 2013 and 2014 Work Plans were discussed. Refer to Item UC-2013-04 for a status update on the 2013 Work Plan topics, such as potentially eliminating the anniversary rating date rule. Refer to Item UC-2014-05 for the 2014 Work Plan, such as clarifying classification procedures for new technology ventures.
- UC-2014-06: Other NCCI Committee Updates and UC-2014-07: Informational Updates
NCCI staff from various departments provided updates about topics such as the:
- Data Collections Procedures Subcommittee discussions
- Adoption of NCCI manuals in Texas
- 2014 sunset of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 (TRIPRA)
- Loss costs/rate filings status
Please refer to the minutes of the meeting for pertinent discussion on each topic. The information for each of the listed topics is contained in either the agenda or the minutes for the meeting.
Content Requires Authentication
May 7, 2014 Agenda (PDF)
May 7, 2014 Minutes (PDF)