Message from Bill Donnell, CPCU
President and CEO
Welcome to the 2016 edition of NCCI’s annual
Workers Compensation Issues Report.
This year, we have assembled a strong collection of both internal and external authors to examine and report on some of the most important issues facing the workers compensation system.
Among the topics:
- A report from the Workers Compensation Research Institute (WCRI) that examines whether physician dispensing reforms are sustainable
- A look at the expanding ‘on-demand economy’ and how it might disrupt workers compensation
- Results and commentary on prescription drug management in workers compensation from the 12th annual CompPharma Report
- Recent research from NCCI that lays the groundwork for future analysis of the effects of the Affordable Care Act on the workers compensation system
Please enjoy the 2016 edition of NCCI’s
Bill Donnell, CPCU
President and CEO
Issues Report is produced by the National Council on Compensation Insurance, Inc. (NCCI), 901 Peninsula Corporate Circle, Boca Raton, Florida 33487.
Issues Report provides a forum for the expression of various opinions on subjects relating to workers compensation insurance. The opinions expressed in the articles are the opinions of the authors and do not necessarily express the views of the National Council on Compensation Insurance, Inc. Materials contained in Issues Report are subject to copyright claims and other proprietary rights. Material may be used for research or other noncommercial purposes. We ask that you observe the following conditions:
- Cite individual author and
Issues Report when using the materials
- Do not abridge or edit material in any way that may alter the authors' intentions
Any commercial use of these materials requires explicit, prior authorization from NCCI.