Prepare for the upcoming 2023 Financial Call reporting season by reviewing the key updates by topic.
Extended Customer and Tool Support—New
Extended hours are available for customer support from NCCI data validators and the
Financial Data Collection tool.
NCCI’s Customer Service Center continues to be available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET. Call 800-NCCI-123 (800-622-4123) and select
Financial Call Requirement Changes—Updated
Financial Data Compliance Form
To complete the Financial Data Compliance Form, you will be required to:
- Confirm if your Financial Call data has been valued as of December 31 for the current valuation year
- Respond “Yes” or “No” if your company has any non-Extraordinary Loss Event (non-ELE) multiclaim occurrences that fall under the revised definition of Catastrophe. A non-ELE catastrophe is not an established ELE. Extraordinary Loss Event catastrophes result from significant loss events, in which a designated, industry catastrophe number is assigned to use for all claims.
- If your response is “Yes,” contact your validator to identify non-ELE multiclaim occurrences that fall under NCCI’s revised definition of catastrophe. Non-ELE multiclaims are:
- In accordance with NCCI's
Statistical Plan for Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance, a non-ELE is defined as any accident (one occurrence) resulting in two or more reportable claims.
- In accordance with the Catastrophe (Other Than Certified Acts of Terrorism) Premium Endorsement (WC 00 04 21 F), the definition of Catastrophe (Other Than Certified Acts of Terrorism) is:
- Single event or peril resulting in a group of claims with aggregate workers compensation losses in excess of $50 million. This $50 million threshold applies per occurrence, across all states for which claims arise from a single event or peril.
- Refer to Attachment Financial Data Compliance Form Updates to compare and preview the new reporting questions
Call #6—Insurance Expense Exhibit
The formal request for a company’s Insurance Expense Exhibit (IEE) from Call #6 was removed from the listing of calls. You are not required to submit your IEE to NCCI because NCCI obtains your IEE from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). If NCCI can’t obtain your IEE from the NAIC, we may request it directly from you.
Catastrophe Code 11—Claims Resulting From Hurricane Harvey
The accident end date of August 23, 2020, was established for Catastrophe Code 11.
Consistent Reporting of Data Linking Fields
For Call #31—Large Loss and Catastrophe and Call #33—Virginia Coal Mine Large Loss and Catastrophe, you must report the data linking fields in accordance with their reporting rules and be consistent across data types for the life of the policy and the life of the claim. This requirement applies to policies effective 1/1/2022 and forward.
The data linking fields are:
- Carrier Code
- Policy Number
- Policy Effective Date
- Claim Number
- Accident Date
If the data linking fields are not consistent across data types, consult with NCCI to determine the appropriate actions and evaluate the need for historical corrections.
Refer to NCCI’s
Financial Call Reporting Guidebook for requirements for consistent reporting of Financial Call data elements and corresponding data elements reported in other data types.
Financial Data Collection (FDC) Tool Updates
Enhanced Import Feature for Financial Call Submission Files
FDC tool’s enhanced import feature, you can:
- Select and import multiple submission files at the same time instead of one file at a time for processing
- Verify file(s) uploaded for valid format, file name, and allowable file characters
- View a listing of successful or rejected file submissions and their statuses
- Continue to select and import one submission file at a time
- Refer to Attachment FDC Enhancement to compare and preview the new import load feature
Modernized Navigation Menu
FDC tool’s navigation menu was modernized into a menu list (hamburger menu) view. You can access the tool’s features using the modernized menu located in the upper left corner. In addition, the menu has been enhanced with a new Publications and Training option to directly obtain the:
Financial Call Reporting Guidebook
Data Quality Guidebook
- Import Record Layouts
- Import Record Templates
- Online Product Training
Refer to NCCI’s
Financial Data Collection Tool User’s Guide to view the modernized navigation menu as well as the latest enhancements.
Internet Browser Support
To access and view the
FDC tool properly, you must use a modern Web browser, such as the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. NCCI no longer supports Internet Explorer.
Financial Call Reporting Guidebook
Financial Call Reporting Guidebook updates, along with the Financial Call Edit Matrix, will be released in Fourth Quarter 2022. The guidebook contains these updates:
Call Circular for Preview of 2023 Financial Call Season Reporting Changes
More details of the Financial Call changes will be outlined in an upcoming circular.
Data Now Program (DNP) 2023
Data Now Program 2023 was virtual and premiered on January 24–26. Financial Call data and other data types reporting courses are now available in the Resource Library and can be sorted by data types and experience levels.
Get the Latest Updates: Stay tuned to this season preview article for updates. Sign up for email notifications to stay on top of updates to this Web information.
- Go to
My Email Notifications under
- Check the
Data Reporting/Financial Calls box