The 2022 Financial Call reporting season is approaching—with the Primary Ratemaking Calls (Policy Year, Calendar-Accident Year, etc.) due by
Friday, April 1, 2022.
Extended Customer and Tool Support—New
The following tables list the extended hours of availability for customer support from NCCI data validators and the
Financial Data Collection tool.
Financial Call Validators: Extended Support Availability|
March 25–April 1
Weekdays||9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET|
Weekends||9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. ET|
Financial Data Collection Tool: Extended Availability|
March 1–April 4
Weekdays||24 hours a day|
Weekends||8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET|
NCCI’s Customer Service Center continues to be available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET. Call 800-NCCI-123 (800-622-4123) and select Option 6.
Catastrophe Number 13—AR, IL, KY, MS, MO, TN Tornadoes and Severe Storms
NCCI recently announced the establishment of Catastrophe Number 13 to identify claims attributable to the recent tornadoes and severe storms that occurred on 12/10/2021 to 12/11/2021 in Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee.
Financial Call reporting for claims identified with Catastrophe Number 13 will begin with the 2022 reporting season for Calls valued as of December 31, 2021. Eligible claims identified with Catastrophe Number 13 must be included in Call #31—Large Loss and Catastrophe for any claims with loss dollars greater than or equal to $1. The accident date range for eligible claims is 12/10/2021 to 12/16/2021. The reason for this range is to identify losses sustained on the days of the event and any claims for the rescue, recovery, and cleanup efforts attributed to the event.
In addition to Call #31, claim experience attributed to this catastrophe must be included in any other applicable Financial Calls. For details, please review NCCI Circular DR-2021-01—AR, IL, KY, MS, MO, TN Tornadoes and Severe Storms—Reporting Instructions and Catastrophe Number 13.
Financial Data Collection (FDC) Tool
FDC tool will be available for submitting 2022 Call data valued as of December 31, 2021.
- To clarify the data reported in page 3 of Call #19, the screen within the
FDC tool will be updated.
Click here for a visual display of the change.
Financial Call Reporting Guidebook
Financial Call Reporting Guidebook updates, along with the Financial Call Edit Matrix, will be released in Fourth Quarter 2021. The guidebook contains the following updates:
Part 5—Financial Call Components|
| Part 5-A—Premium Reported in Financial Calls||Added Arizona Firefighters and Fire Investigators Schedule Rating Program to the definitions of the Premium Components Summary Chart.|
| Part 5-B—Losses Reported in Financial Calls|
- Added requirements for Employer Paid or Compensation Reimbursement Programs
- Provided clarification for reporting Losses and Expenses
| Part 5-C—Claim Count Information||Provided clarification on reportable claims.|
| Part 5-D—Loss Adjustment Expense (LAE)||Updated language to distinguish between Defense and Cost Containment Expense (DCCE) included Expenses and DCCE Excluded Expenses.|
Part 7—Designated Statistical Reporting (DSR) Level Premium|
| Part 7-E—Competitive Pricing States|
- Added new effective dates for Designated Statistical Reporting (DSR) Levels
- Added a display of the latest 10 years of approved loss costs/rates effective dates in state charts
- Removed prior years of approved loss costs/rates effective dates in state charts.
- Note: Prior years are available in the:
Annual Statistical Bulletin (ASB)
- Active Deviation screen in the
Financial Data Collection tool
Part 9—Financial Call Instructions|
| Part 9—Call #10—Schedule Rating and Other Prospective Premium Adjustments||Added Arizona Firefighters and Fire Investigators Statistical Codes 9141 and 9142|
|Part 9—Call #31—Large Loss and Catastrophe||Updated language to clarify Extraordinary Loss Event catastrophe claims reporting |
| Part 9—Call #33—Virginia Coal Mine Large Loss and Catastrophe|
Part 10—Financial Call Editing and Other Validation Procedures|
|Part 10-A-1—Edit Matrix—Location and Access|
- Updated six edit descriptions for Call #19—Accident Year Countrywide Loss Adjustment Expense
- Eliminated six edits related to the following Edit Category Descriptions:
- NCCI DSR Premium Should Be Within Expected Range (applicable to latest four years)
- Ratio of Company Standard to NCCI DSR Premium Should Be Within Expected Range (includes latest four years on PY Call)
- Company Standard Premium Should Be Equal to NCCI DSR Premium (includes latest four years on PY Call)
Data Now Program (DNP) 2022
Data Now Program 2022 is scheduled for January 25–27 and will be virtual. A new Financial Calls topics class, along with existing Financial Call data reporting courses, will be offered.
Get the Latest Updates: Sign up for email notifications to stay on top of updates to this Web information.
- Go to
My Email Notifications under
- Check the
Data Reporting/Financial Calls box