(Orlando, FL, May 15, 2019)—The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) held its 2019 Annual Meeting at the Annual Issues Symposium in Orlando, FL. NCCI members elected William Malugen, Executive Vice President and President, National Accounts Casualty and Property, The Travelers Companies, Inc., as the new NCCI Board Chair, replacing Douglas Dirks, President and CEO, EMPLOYERS, who completed his eligible term of service on the Board.
The following individuals were newly elected to serve on NCCI’s 2019 Board of Directors:
- Brandon Fick, Chief Underwriting Officer, Zurich North America
- C. Scott Gunter, Senior Vice President, Chubb Group, Division President, North America Commercial Insurance
- Kenneth Riegler, President of North America General Insurance, Product and Field Management, AIG
- Raymond Voelker, former Chief Information Officer, The Progressive Corporation
“I want to personally thank Doug for his service to the Board,” said Bill Donnell, president and CEO of NCCI. “His leadership and deep industry perspective have been of great value to me and to the organization. On behalf of the Executive Team, I am pleased to welcome Bill as our new chairperson. I am confident his expertise, leadership, and energy will make him the next in a long line of outstanding chairs for the NCCI Board of Directors.”
The remaining members elected to the 2019 NCCI Board of Directors are:
- Kerry Barnett, President and CEO, SAIF Corporation
- Stephanie C. Bush, Executive Vice President, Small Commercial and Personal Lines, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Lisa Corless, President and CEO, AF Group
- Robert N. Darby, President and CEO, Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies, Workers Compensation Division
- Michael Dinkins, retired Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Integer
- Richard Gergasko, President and CEO, Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- Linda S. Hall, former Director, Alaska Division of Insurance
- Barbara A. Klein, retired Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, CDW Corporation
- Kevin J. Leidwinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, Commercial Insurance, CNA
- William C. Malugen, Executive Vice President and President, National Accounts Casualty and Property, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Bill Donnell, as president and CEO of NCCI, is a standing member of the Board and does not require re-election.
Join the conference conversation by following us on Twitter @NCCI. The official AIS 2019 hashtag is #ncciAIS.
For information on NCCI, AIS, and the State of Line Report please visit ncci.com.
Founded in 1923, the mission of the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) is to foster a healthy workers compensation system. In pursuit of this mission, NCCI gathers data, analyzes industry trends, and prepares objective insurance rate and loss cost recommendations. These activities—together with research, analytical services and tools, and an overall commitment to excellence—have positioned NCCI as the trusted source for workers compensation information. To learn more about NCCI, please visit